Welcome to PFE!!
Let me take a moment to introduce you to Palmetto. Palmetto is the term we go by, we live by, and we teach by. Palmetto stands for the unity of a group of like-minded individuals working together to offer others a unique one of a kind experience that will leave them feeling empowered and educated moving forward. The history of Palmetto can be traced back over 40 years with multiple specimens in museum collections having been donated by multiple members of the Palmetto team.
The Palmetto team began as a journey for two individuals to share their passion for paleontology with others. Today, the Palmetto team consists of multiple guides from various backgrounds that all bring something unique of their own to the table. Together we use our unique capabilities to work in unison to find new sites and new ways of teaching others about the past life that existed in the Coastal Plain region of South Carolina so that we can continue to offer and always-evolving experience to our clients.
What Makes Us Unique?
- We work alongside the local museums to help advance paleonotological research in our area.
- All of our excursions are privately guided
- We integrate a unique learning experience into a fun outdoor environment
- Our guides provide continued support to their clients long after their tour anytime identification is needed.
- We provide all of the necessary tools you will need during your excursions with us at no cost to you.
- We cater to individual requests for species, sizes, even colors of the fossils.
- We have exclusive access to locations on private property that others do not.
- We are willing to answer any and all of your questions
Still Have Questions? Head on over to the different options under the excursions tab for more detailed information on our excursions or just contact us directly!